You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.
Wondering how to get started using Private Money Lending Guide? We’ve got you covered. Here are our most frequently asked questions.
Begin with our Lending Guide. It’s set up as a modified wiki, so you can browse by topic and then navigate into the more niche details and topics by clicking on the wealth of links and related articles within each article.
If glossary browsing is more your style, you can find it here. You can also download the complete free e-book if you prefer offline access.
Last but not least, below are our most popular articles.
We send a monthly newsletter with our most recent Lending Guide additions. The newsletter also features REI trends, industry news and events. Think of it as your regular digest on the private lending market.
Sign up for the newsletter now.
Our Featured Lenders appearing at the top search results are all members of the American Association of Private Lenders. AAPL provides the industry’s code of ethics, best practices and complaint documentation.
For our non-featured lenders, we work closely with AAPL to ensure that none have had unresolved complaints or other issues our users would find objectionable.
We do not make commission from any loans, however, lenders do pay for their directory listing. This is actually a good thing: in addition to our regular checks with the American Association of Private Lenders to make sure our lenders are all in good standing, paying for their listings ensures that our lenders are serious about working with real estate investors like yourself.
Private Money Lending Guide and the American Association of Private Lenders are both owned by the same parent company, Affinity Worldwide. AAPL is the only national association for private lenders, and the only organization with a Code of Ethics it requires its members to follow. Private lending is still in many ways viewed as something of the Wild West in financing; our relationship with AAPL allows us to bring you greater assurance that the lenders you find in our directory are the very best.
Review our About page to learn more about the other real estate investor-related resources available through Affinity Worldwide.
- Start your search here.
- Enter the criteria that most closely match your deal.
- Browse the lender profiles. Many of them provide further details about the kinds of deals they look for. The directory also provides phone, email and website links for further research and due diligence.
- Click the “Send Lenders My Deal” button to connect with several lenders at once. Provide details on your deal; we’ve got a few suggestions to get you started (lenders will also get your search criteria). From there, you can pick which lenders to send to. You’ll get an email confirmation reminding you what you sent and who you sent it to.
- Lenders will then get in touch with you, although you can also use their contact information to reach out to them directly.
- If you’re not ready to contact lenders yet, you can email your search or an individual lender profile to refer to later.
You may also want to review our Lending Guide to find out more about how to vet and work with private lenders.
It’s possible that there are no lenders in our directory who provide loans for that criteria.
Please contact us with your deal information so we can work to find lenders to add to our directory who will fit your needs.
We can’t make promises or guarantees here, but we can try, and the more people who let us know they need a deal type, the better.
No. Each lender has their own application process. Sending your deal provides them with further information so they can see if that preliminary criteria fit theirs.
The more information you provide when sending your deal, the better your chances of connecting with a lender willing to finance. We leave it up to you to decide what information you want to provide beyond the search criteria, although we do provide suggestions on what to send.
Start your search here.
Please contact us to let us know what you’re experiencing.
We’d love to hear from you! Please contact us.